Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Refreshment

Now is 4 in the morning. I barely can open my eye but still half staring at the monitor trying to read some of the blogs update. I think my biological clock still couldn't manage to function well at night. I wonder, if i can stay up like this during my uni year. What I remember doing is, sleep at 12.30am weekdays. Or hang out till 4 am at mamak or explore the town with ma best frens til the wee hours.
.
Recent past events was 8 hours ago. The first paid tuition class that i taught. The class started at 8. I departed from home at 7. I dropped by at the surau (the apartment has a huge, clean beautiful surau on the 5th Floor.. Thank God!!). After the prayer, i headed to the desired floor. .Not to mentioned that it's a wrong floor!!The house is 1 floor above. Malu malu.. If only uncle is there he must has laugh to pengsan. Luckily!!..
.
So as i approached the house and they greeted me and sat and started teaching. Can u see the flow. Hi, Walk In, Sat, Give Notes, Teach. What I'm not used to is doing teaching without practise. What I mean is mumbling alone in the room while going through the notes. I ended sound so unconvincing while i teach. hate it!! And to my surprise, my student manage to finish the notes (which i expected to use for th 1 hour lesson) in 30 mins. Luckily, i manage to snatch 1 exercises books before i left my house. The homework did occupied their half an hour. At least I'm not taking blank money. hehehe..
.
Moral value of the story: Do not under estimate others and always has backup plan. For those being a tutor or tuition teacher, always prepare extra notes and exercises for your student. Upgrade your knowledge in the subject that your are teaching is a must. I remember myself looked down on a teacher that taught me before because i think I'm smarter than she is based on the way that she taught. Ceyytt..!! What am I thinking that time!!?? Bad Me!! It's bad to think that way to a teacher. But now, being a little teacher I am, I realize that sometime we just couldn't deliver our message. It is not that we don't know. The rusty mind need some time to warm up. So student, respect your teacher!! How smart you are, your teacher always 1 step above becoz of their experience. He is still a teacher and you are his student.
.
Action need to be taken : Do more exercises and reading on the topic that I'm going to teach.