Today was the first time ako turun site.. Ya.. Collecting hair samples from the active heroin injectors. I was super freak put the day before.. Some advices and consolations from friends (not to forget some kata-kata gempar from some..ceyytt!!i was alhamdulillah fine..) manage to cool me down. I even asked my senior
Ako: how should i project my facial expression.. can i smile?or kena masam ja memanjang.. ? Seniors: Dun worry, just act normal and dont fake smile to them, they might feel offended..
Ooh.. I prepared my gear in the travelling pouch. Bought a new pair of special scissors, some plastic sealed bags, sticker for labelling purposes. Ako mmg super smangat + cuak.. My lec shot me with a phrase when i tried to conslut him to let me follow my seniors..
lec Ako : "If u r afraid then why u choose this topic? Please dont have too negative prespectives on the addicts. Some of them are kind and friendly." berbekalkan dengan kata-kata ini, ako nekad.. Im going to get involve in this.
The meetings went on very smoothly despite of the hot sun. Everyone was very coorperative. my hand was shaken and vibrating when i hands on the first head. Dah la..hahah mamat tu hensem lak..hahaha oppss.. sial tul..hahaha.. (ako pkai gloves ok!!). Every necessory information was recorded and labelled on the plastic packet. From the short survey conducted: ive gather some very informative facts:
1. They felt so grateful and happy when we make such efforts to go down and meet them. Even going to conduct counseling for them. At least it shows that they are people who are more fortunate than them still care about them.
2. Active heroin and morphine abusers are seldom actively invlove in active sexual activities. They get high with the drug. Some of them even not married till the end of their life. Both morphine n heroin (which is known as opiates) gave the high sensation that they are able to eliminate other was of getting high (sex for instance).. other stimulant drugs (shabu, ganja....) are the one yang selalu associate with crime (rape, ragut)..
3. The kids at the dark area are usually not interested in going to school. Some school even situated far-far away from their house. They hang around and waste their time thus pick up all the skills from their adult friends and even parents.
4. Inject kat highway means injection at the groin..yeah..tadi baru tau..
5. We were treated with mineral water from 7e each.. Ako selawat la skit..hehehe nak gelak sat before wat kenyataan nih.. kot-kot la dia jampi ako suruh tringat kat depa slalu..hehekhek..siao!!
Penat tapi berbaloi.. I was awaken from my comfort zone. How can my seniors are so sincere in helping them and try to improve the addicts life quality. They gave out counseling to the people labelled as - sampah masyarakat dengan hati yang sangat ikhlas.. U can see from the way they conducted the meetings earlier. If more people (fortunate like us) make more such moves and efforts in helping them, i strongly believe that at least they wont felt left out and might get back to the right track. knowing that the world out there wont look down on them, wont pandang hina on their past.
I promised myself..I'll try my best to tag along as often as i could during my seniors sessions. At least i might able to repeatedly remind myself that my life might be short, but i want to fill them with hope. Hoping that the world for the next generation is better, hope that everyone i know are in good condition, hope that those invlove will find back the correct path, hope that those who are still in the early stage to look back and stop now on what your are doing.. Hoping strongly that at least, another child will be born and raise up in the better quality of life.. Let us pray together for them.. Amin...