Monday, February 23, 2009

Story Told As It Is

He was staring at us. But he stared at me more. Sadness shows in his eye. He's trying to overcome his guilt on delivering the news. And trying to hope that we understand the sorrow and hard time that he faced in making such decision. "I'm sorry.. But HR decided not to continue the contractor's contract", my boss finally go to the point. The news were blowing hard on the retrenchment, eventually it is no longer a rumors, it's a fact that all of us - the contractors have to faced. Which heart didn't brake when listening to this. Even those unaffected seems to feel down like us. Although they felt lucky it is not them, but i know. They sincerely felt sorry for us..

The situation was so tensed and quite. He gave us motivations and backup plan on helping us (which i thank him a lot on such efforts that he did..Thank You Very Much Boss..!!). Tears dropped slowly from Jane's eye. I held my breath. Fighting hard to grip my emotion. I looked at one by one realising that, this is the team that I'm leaving behind in a month. Smile Marina Smile, i told myself. Everyone tried to act normal but deep down we know that even breathing is hard that very moment. I controlled my emotion as well as possible coz i know that once i broke down, i may not stop. My mind and heart kept racing to express itself. And my mind won. Coz i know, things happen for a reason. My life won't stop spinning if i quit. The world still active if i'm down. This is just another story that is written in my life diary. Eventually this is a sad one.

Having office mates that i have right now is a bless. True bless. Despite of the blown, we still find space to be together and cherished the few moments left. We laughed, we teased, we talked, we played.. No replacement for the friendship i'm into now. I'm really grateful of it.

Life goes on. It's the matter of how we human handle the obstacles. If u manage to overcome, 1 point will be added in our maturity. More points added for experience. The wrong timing to burst to the working world shouldn't be the excuse to the future hard life i'm facing. It's supposed to energize me on becoming a flexible person who adapt well to the changes in life.

Rounds of bowling in the afternoon did some how cheered us up. Then i realized, there's no point to feel gloom and down when u have a bunch of friends that are always be with u and laughter might follow naturally. Your sorrow will be less coz u know people still care. Nothing can buy the friendship that i have right now. Nothing can replace the joy that i feel. Far most important, nothing can tare me apart. Coz i believe that He has better plan for me. No test will be given to us unless He make sure that we can handle it. Furthermore, the sun still shine after heavy rain. Yes.. As simple as that. Be patience and wait... The day will arrive..

p/s: The best part is I Can Skipped Orientation.!!


7 comments:

sYukCurz said...

i'm sorry for u marina.. but i noe u r strong enough! go go marina! fine more suitable job for u. u deserved better.

fievelski said...

what u are up to next?joining us in KL?I might be finally applying internship kat luar kot...tengoklah dulu..

Red Chopsticks said...

Waaawaa.. Come come.. Group Hug.. Eeee Gerli.. No way la The Queen going to let me go to Kl. By the way.. Both of U at mana ni? Cafe Zaaba la tu. ka dah pasang ternet kat umah dah?

Anonymous said...

Yup,aza aza fighthing.....maybe better oppurtunity is waiting you out there.....

fievelski said...

erk..hellowww missie!?Syukoq is doing his lab work..of coz in his lab..whereas..erm..Gwe pulak...of course enjoying my regular dose of download at unimaginable speed of almost 1000kb/s and also enjoying reading other people's blog but not in the mood of writing one lah..hayoo..bersarang dah blog ak itu..go[blog] btul!

p/s ak di FKAB (Fakulti Kejuruteraan dan Alam Bina)

Red Chopsticks said...

Waaa.. Thanks to all.. I really appreciate your advice..

Anonymous said...

ya..rainbow after the rain.