Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Addiction-withdrawal-treatment

"Addiction! Dependency!" 

Its's everywhere.. look around!! WE are the living example of non-drug-user that been so addicted and dependent on social media network: FB, Twitter and u name it!

I am getting worried of myself on getting hooked so heavily on FB. I was just out of control! At least once per hour I'll browse though FB and was so dreadful without reaching it! It's kind of scary when i realize that how much of my social time was attributed to FB.

It is definitely not healthy! I'm calling it a quit. It's going to be extremely tough to limit myself all of a sudden. But things have to stop! or at least on control!



Here are my vows that i wrote at 1.30 am after was on FB since 9 pm! Slaps!!!

1. I'll only allow myself to on FB ONCE! before lunch. That implies replying all the msg and even do some light stalking.. ^^..

2. Once again after lunch (Just in case someone buzz me at FB since i was so often around. Ok.. excuses! another slap!)

3. Night usually is boring if i'm not watching movie or reading any book.. So i'm going to allow myself a 1 hour timed surfing. 

4. I think i was slipping away and my motivation is at the lowest level now.. Hopefully by routinely reading the Quran's verses may improve this. (Konon!! Penyucian jiwa... hehehe..). It worked on me. though i understand nothing from what i read. But the practice was kind of a soothing tool. Peace follows after that.. [that was until i have my ipod on auto notification of FB!!].. Hope for an istiqamah practice this time.. 

-amin-

psst: Which also means i'll be blogging more frequent than ever! Can't help!! Mak suka kepo kan! 

6 comments:

cucu Tok Hamzah said...

FB ---> Deactivated.

haha, all the best babe especially with the 1 hour TIMED surfing.

Red Chopsticks said...

alaaa yat.. nnt ako mengalami depresi melampau kalau direct deactivation. T^T.. hehehe.. tabik aah kt hang.. mampu!!!

so far the first 2 berjaya though berpeluh2 ako nk concentrate.. huhh~~~

cucu Tok Hamzah said...

haha, tarik balik tabik tu babe.. aku tweet ja skrg.. follow BHarian~

Red Chopsticks said...

hohohoh.. cover lettew!! Bharian saja kah??

talkIZcheap! said...

you know, Einstein said that time is relative...

So, 1 hour of Facebooking is equal to several hours of the real world... :p

Red Chopsticks said...

ahaha.. that comes from someone that posted at least 3 posts in 1 hour? ^0^