Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Worth Of Watching : The Taking Of Pelham 123

We owe God’s death..(Ryder said) No!! We owe God’s life!!(Garber).. Seconds after that, the trigger pulled, and Ryder (played by John Travolta) fell with his last will “You are my hero man!!”.. This is from the movie The Taking of Pelham 123.. Out of 5 stars I gave 4.5.. This definitely a type of movie that don’t have good storyline but with all the A grade actors and the progress of the movie.. Bang.. It capture my heart and attention.. It was all about robbery and hijacking.. They don’t focus that much on the actions. The spotlight was on the deal between the plain guy (Denzel Washington) and the bad guy (John Travolta).. If I think again, this movie is really nothing.. But I was attached to it.. This time no good looking hot topless guy with showing off their six pack.. And I’m Ok with that.. ya..(Better than Blood : The last vampire.. No guy at all and it makes me sick!!!) No love story at all in this!! Just deal.. This might be the point where our film industry has to take note.. The lame storyline can be overcome with the correct choice of actors and the proper detail “perkembangan” of the story.. There’s no necessity to try to tell everything in the 2 hours show.. Go with the important and from there slowly we wave the magic wand.. Ewahh wat cm terror la..

The last time I saw John Travolta was him grooving on the dance floor in Grease. Then I lost track on him. I even missed out Hairspray that my friend said was a worth of watching movie. With the departure of his son from this world, he still manages to present a good act. And his charm after all the aging.. still there.. While Denzel Washington? Man..he is a real hell a good actor.. No wonder he was in the A list actor despite of the lack of look.. He act nerd and skema this time.. Can’t even grab the gun properly. As far as I’m concern he’s been involving a lot in action movies. Hmm probably a good actor can act blank in what they are best at.

1 comment:

fievelski said...

aku plak sedang meng-enjoy menonton laskar pelangi dan la petite jerusalem.sekaligus.mau berpinar dibuatnya